The Carlos Palanca Foundation, Inc., the sponsor and organizer of the 71st Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature, is reminding aspiring authors to submit their entries before the deadline on May 31, 2023.
This year’s edition of the longest-running and most prestigious literary contest is accepting entries in 20 categories:
● English Division – Short Story, Short Story for Children, Essay, Poetry, Poetry Written for Children, One-act Play, and Full-length Play
● Filipino Division – Maikling Kuwento, Maikling Kuwentong Pambata, Sanaysay, Tula, Tula Para sa mga Bata, Dulang May Isang Yugto, Dulang Ganap ang Haba, and Dulang Pampelikula
● Regional Languages Division – Short Story-Cebuano, Short Story-Hiligaynon, and Short Story-Ilokano
● Kabataan Division – Kabataan Essay and Kabataan Sanaysay
– Kabataan Essay theme: “Emerging out of the Pandemic, what are the most pressing issues surrounding mental health among youth and how can Society and Government help in addressing these concerns for the growth and well-being of our younger generations?”
– Kabataan Sanaysay theme: “Sa pagsulong mula sa Pandemya, ano ang mga pinakamabibigat na isyung pumapalibot sa kalusugan ng isip ng mga kabataan, at paano makatutulong ang Lipunan at Pamahalaan na tugunan ang mga ito para sa ikauunlad at ikabubuti ng ating mga nakababatang henerasyon?”
Authors may submit only one (1) entry per category. A work which has been awarded a prize in another contest on or before May 31, 2023 is not qualified for the awards.Published/produced works which were first published or first produced between June 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023 and/or unpublished/unproduced works may be entered in the contest. Meanwhile, only unproduced works may be entered in the Dulang Pampelikula category.
Contest rules and official entry forms are available at Palanca Awards’ official website, <http://www.palancaawards.com.ph/>.
All submissions must be DONE ONLINE via the official CPMA website. The Palanca Awards WILL NOT ACCEPT PRINTED AND EMAIL submissions.
Winners will be honored in a special ceremony later this year. Contact the CPMA office via email <CPFoundation@palancaawards.com.ph> or call (632) 8843-8277 / (632) 8478-7996 for other inquiries and concerns. Look for Ms. Leslie Layoso or Ms. Susan Castillo.