Animated films and TV shows are a big part of Filipino childhood. It is every child’s dream to set foot in these cartoon characters’ worlds — full of colors, adventures, and joy — just like The Hundred Acre Wood where Winnie the Pooh and his friends live.
Airbnb’s latest listing now allows adults and children alike to turn their dreams into reality and live in the home of the world’s most famous bear! A Winnie the Pooh-inspired house in the Hundred Acre Wood is available to book on Airbnb as part of Disney’s 95th Anniversary celebrations of the loveable children’s character.
The Bearbnb is situated in Ashdown Forest just south of London, and is inspired by A.A. Milne’s original tales in the Hundred Acre Wood. With two separate stays available, the Bearbnb sleeps up to four guests at a time, giving Winnie the Pooh fans the opportunity to immerse themselves in the iconic world of Pooh and Friends.
Hosting the Airbnb stay is Disney-appointed Winnie the Pooh illustrator, Kim Raymond, who curated the Bearbnb and has been drawing the iconic bear for over 30 years. Kim brought Pooh’s house to life taking inspiration from the original decorations of E.H. Shepard and he notes: “I have been illustrating Winnie the Pooh for thirty years and I continue to be inspired by the classic decorations of E.H. Shepard and the more recent Disney stories. The ‘Bearbnb’ is a unique experience that brings the charm of Pooh to life for fans, whilst honouring the original adventures that have been so important to many people for 95 years.”
The custom-built ‘Bearbnb’ and entire stay, bookable only on Airbnb, is fit for Pooh and his adventures with Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore and friends:
- The house is built with exposed tree branches wrapped around the doorway with ‘Mr. Sanders’ inscribed above
- Bespoke wallpaper designed by host Kim Raymond
- If guests take a peek inside kitchen cupboards, they’ll find shelves stocked full of ‘hunny’ pots
Alongside the charming references to the original Pooh tales, the house is fully kitted out for guests to enjoy a relaxing family stay, including a double bed on the ground floor, and a mezzanine area with two comfortable single beds. The lounge space comes fully equipped with a cosy seating and dining area for guests to appreciate a “smackerel” or two. During each stay, guests will be taken on a guided tour through the original Hundred Acre Wood, play Poohsticks on the iconic Poohsticks Bridge and enjoy locally sourced hunny-inspired meals.
The ‘Bearbnb’ will also be stocked with a host of wellness products to encourage guests to embrace their natural surroundings and live more like Pooh, who is famous for going at his own pace. The products include yoga mats, journals and throws. And for those not quick enough to book one of the stays, they can recreate their own tranquil retreat at home with help from the new Winnie the Pooh range available on shopDisney.co.uk.
Catherine Powell, Airbnb Global Head of Hosting said: “Winnie the Pooh is a childhood jewel beloved by families the world over. This year, the original books celebrate their 95th anniversary. What better way to commemorate A.A. Milne’s classic work than with these two once-in-a-lifetime stays in the original Hundred Acre Wood. A perfect place to do nothing. As Pooh said, “doing ‘Nothing’ often leads to the very best Something”.
Tasia Filippatos, SVP, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing at The Walt Disney Company said: “For over 95 years, Winnie the Pooh has inspired generations with his memorable words, experiences and adventures. These timeless tales explore life’s simple pleasures and in that spirit we hope guests are able to sit back and relax in the ‘Bearbnb’, and ‘be more Pooh’ for the day.”
- Strictly no heffalumps inside the house
- Hands are to be kept out of the honey pots
- A snack of “a little something” encouraged at 11 o’clock in the morning
- Poohsticks is mandatory
- Multiple naps are permitted
- No pets (other than Roos, Tiggers, Eeyores and Piglets and Pooh Bears)
- Maximum four guests per stay; up to three children
- No smoking, you’ll upset the bees
- For safety reasons, it’s recommended that only guests aged 6+ sleep in the single beds on the mezzanine level. A cot or camp bed can be provided on the ground floor for younger guests.
- To view the ‘Bearbnb’ home on Airbnb, visit airbnb.com/winniethepooh
- The Bearbnb is located in Ashdown Forest in East Sussex and Kim will host two separate stays on the 24 and 25 September for just £95 per night*. The purpose-built Bearbnb sleeps a family of four. Airbnb reviews will be taken into consideration.
Airbnb anticipates a very high level of interest and available booking dates will go live at 2PM BST on Monday 20 September. Interested guests should note that the booking shall be conducted in strict adherence to local COVID-19 guidelines; i.e. only current UK residents will be eligible to book.